I will probably not be accepted to the Master of Cognitive Sciences program this year at a university in my country, but I don't want to lose my passion for learning and waste my time. So, I made an announcement on a website as a volunteer advertisement, as shown below:
I will probably not be accepted in the Master of Cognitive Sciences this year, so I made this announcement so that I can be aware of the courses and the educational path of this field and not miss the pleasure of learning and new job opportunities in this field.
If you are accepted in this field and want to accompany an interested person, please send me a message on the way to learning the first and second semester courses of this field.
Also, I have a Telegram group in which there are some people who are interested in learning and connecting with students from foreign universities in various fields, like the below chat (link) :
How do I better advertise my intent to find a community for accessing the courses (without paying tuition) in my desired field of study?
What is the probability of actually finding and accessing these courses without being a student of the university? Are there any rules to be kept in mind?
Based of this question answer, I am trying to add more details and will answer to the below question:
- What is your plan for after the program finishes? Will you apply to the program again? Will you try to get jobs by claiming that you've done all this self-study?
- Why do you need to follow along with a particular course at all? Why not just buy some textbooks?
- If you succeed in connecting with a student who got admitted to a university in your field, what do you want them to do for you?
1- I am working as a freelancer and studied the M.Sc. at Biomedical engineer which like continuing my academic education with is related to my job field, so I will apply for University entrance exam in the Cognitive science with my new trained wights (or will apply for another academic field exam. The reason for this action is online academic opportunity and my eagerness to be updated and connected with university and its connection (teachers, students, facilities like labs and ...).
2- As I described, the connections and facilities of university and being in an academic environment is important for me (One of our masters had said every 4 year engineering science fundamentally would change, and I have seen this in my 10 years Absenting and not being in academic programs).
3- In this connection I Hope to have access to :
- accessing to public and predefined program contents, like course syllabus, references, power points.
- Also, if they don't have copyright problem or ... accessing to class
video recorded, but we could cover the course information on the internet
source from online course equivalents like said at the
Stephan Branczykanswer (Coursera, EDx, or ...).
- And be in connection with them for team working on their exams and course experiment by our more desired field of study and courses, this features give us more access to the teachers and academic facilities and help us to newer connection and networks.
- Also, if possible, I like to have some connection with them for reviewing the course or asking about the misunderstanding parts of courses by creating some online group like skype for some meeting at the end of weekends.