For researchers (RTDa, RTDb, associate and full professors) in Italian universities is it possible to have some "extra" teaching duties (compared to the standard contract)? How would one apply to be assigned these duties? On what tariff are they paid?

A related question about the "standard" teaching duties is in Teaching duties in Italy for researchers, associate professors, and full professors

  • I don't understand why you assume that doing more teaching has a (positive and direct) impact on salary. I'm not really familiar with Italy but I would be surprised if that was the case for tenured faculty anywhere.
    – Roland
    Sep 10 at 7:30
  • @Roland In my US university there are options to take on extra teaching duties for additional compensation (mainly summer courses or online courses during the regular academic year).
    – Kimball
    Sep 10 at 11:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.