Google Scholar fails to send me citation alerts or alerts when articles have been auto-included in my profile. This happened about a year ago; before that, Scholar faithfully sent me the updates. In the meantime I have published articles (that were automatically added to my profile) and I've had quite some citations (despite, or thanks to Corona).
I did some troubleshooting:
- I have checked my email filters in Google Workspace to see whether the Google Scholar email address (Google Scholar Alerts [email protected]) was accidentally blocked from sending emails to my inbox, but it wasn't.
- I also cancelled all my alerts and requested them anew. All to no avail.
- Searching Google and the Stack Exchange network didn't yield any useful information, and I am suspecting a problem on my end.
- Emails are not drooped in my spam inbox, or any other place they shouldn't be.
Getting help from Google requires a paid account and that would be my last resort. I was hoping anyone here could help out.