I finished all my courses at my college as a math undegrad but I don't have my degree, because I haven't submitted my thesis. (It is necesarry to submit the thesis to get the degree.)

At my job, we did a research project, and I'm a coauthor. Everyone else has a master's degree or a PhD, but I don't. For example, my boss finished his courses in a math graduate program and he is writing himself as "John Smith, BMath". How should I write my scholar level?

  • 1
    Some PhD students who are just short of their dissertation write PhD (ABD) where ABD stands for "all but dissertation". Perhaps that's an option? Possibly a bit strange for an undergraduate degree.
    – Peter K.
    Jun 25 at 17:34
  • The entire title is about one-upmanship and basically devolves into appeal to authority since none of it says anything about the quality of the article. Jun 25 at 19:39

You haven't formally graduated yet, so you can't claim to have any degree. Whether or not you have published a research paper is irrelevant. Simply write "Ms Perez" or "Valeria Perez". If there is a short bio/contact section in the publication, you can include your current educational status there, e.g., "Valeria Perez, student, XY college, department of mathematics".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.