I want to reuse a figure from research with an Attribution 4.0 International license; I want to contact the author to ask his permission. However, I couldn't find any way to contact him. What should I do?

  • Did you try searching the person's name online? Maybe that person has a website where you can get contact information. If you have tried this, maybe try contacting the journal / publisher (I am guessing the figure came from some publisher) by doing an online search. Tell them "I want to use this figure from <paper name, etc> but I am unable to contact the author. How should I proceed"?
    – Debbie
    Apr 28, 2021 at 1:25

1 Answer 1


Looks like you don't need any permission. See https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .