I am wondering if my mentality is good for an academic. Or does my mentality mean I should not go to academia:
(1) I am not an avid reader and I do not read for leisure. I do not read in the free time. However, I like learning topics and I if I find that the topic is interesting, I will try my best to understand it with all the resources possible.
(2) I am a shy public speaker, but I like explaining the things I learned through writing / one-to-one communication.
(3) I am not a passionate teacher, but I DO NOT agree that people are stupid and cannot learn certain things. I am willing to teach someone if they are willing to learn. I DO NOT like making classes that are just tough, but I like creating tough problems and guiding people on ways to solve them, so that people become good problem solvers.
(4) My although I like learning things for internal satisfaction, my main goals are glory, honor, and prestige. I do not brag because I find bragging cheap and mean. But I like when people respect me and I am willing to help people in their careers if they respect me and/or if they are genuinely good people. (*and good people are polite, kind, honest, and genuine)
(5) Scientific knowledge is a tool for me for glory, honor, and prestige; while philosophical knowledge is something I use to guide my life and actions.