I'm an undergraduate student in a research group. I'm a little bit confused about how can I call my professor appropriately. The graduate students in the group just call him by his name, but I think it would be a little bit rude for me to do that. I want to be more polite, but I also feel like it's a bit weird if I add 'Dr./'Prof.' every time I'm trying to call him. Any suggestions about what I could do?

  • 1
    Have you asked the professor how they would prefer to be addressed? And which country are you in?
    – astronat
    Apr 18, 2021 at 17:49
  • See also academia.stackexchange.com/questions/16886/…
    – henning
    Apr 18, 2021 at 17:58
  • @astronat Thanks for the comment! I'm in the U.S. No I haven't ask my professor about that
    – ZR-
    Apr 18, 2021 at 17:59


Browse other questions tagged .