I got a grade as 99/110 during my Bachelor degree in Italy. What would be the conversion to the UK grading scale?

  • 2
    There's no standard equivalent, but ask your university for the diploma supplement which helps other universities make the conversion. See also the possible duplicate question here: academia.stackexchange.com/q/38917/20058 In particular, see the last part of my answer there (the Edit III). Jan 10, 2021 at 23:03

1 Answer 1


there are resources online that do some approximate conversion like Scholaro. You will have to use your exam grades (look on your diploma supplement) for your GPA, not the final grade. I'm Italian too and used similar services myself when I was looking for Master's programs in the US. To access the selected program you then typically need a certified translation if the official language of the school differs from your degree, i.e., Italian diploma English school. Depending on the school, they might also require you to show a fourth year of university education, e.g. Master di primo livello, as US and UK programs often follow the 4-year format. But this is not a general rule, but it happened to me.

As a side-note, if you graduated from Marconi University in Rome, you can ask for a US-diploma free of charge at graduation, or 200Eur (I think) after that. Marconi is a special case as it has an International branch in Washington which is approved by the US department of education.

Hope it helps :)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .