I got a project confirmation from a professor 2 days ago. The project would require me to travel abroad during the summer vacation period of May-July 2021. The formalities such as offer letter and visa forms are pending. The professor told me that he would be on vacation for a few weeks but would be in touch via mail. I sent him my academic records yesterday but I haven't received a reply from him.

Should I wait and send a mail after Christmas? Should I contact him in January?

He was enthusiastic about offering me the position and I'm sorta panicking. Would greatly appreciate some help.

1 Answer 1


Give it a rest. If you mailed him yesterday, you don't need to mail-bomb him again today. Wait for him to respond, perhaps after Christmas.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .