According to the research proposal evaluation results I have received, my supervisor advised me to elaborate more on the research methodology I chose. This is a research related to computer science, machine learning in particular. But he did not mention as to what I should write exactly there. Currently I have described my approach similar to software development life-cycle as follows.
Problem Identification – Problem Identification and motivation
- Collect enough learning materials about the four main subject areas considered.
- Conduct a literature review and synthesize information.
- Construct a conceptual framework
- Develop a system architecture.
- Analyze and design the system
- Develop algorithms for the processes. 4.Choose suitable technologies, environments and materials for the implementation.
- Implement the system.
- Test the system.
- Once the system is error free, up and running use a benchmark workload to test the performance of the system.
- Conclude and summarize results.
I have no idea how I can elaborate this more or to re-write this section properly. Can you please let me know what a good research methodology section is and how to shape up this existing content into a proper methodology section?