I have graduated with a masters degree in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Fluid Dynamics (Turbulence). In order to satisfy my own intellectual curiosity, I wanted to pursue a career path in Astrophysics and I think that the best way to transition is via doing a PhD in Astro Fluid Dynamics. Is this a feasible plan ? I mean will it be possible to get an admission into a PhD in Physics with a Masters in Mechanical Engineering?

  • This might depend a bit on what country you intend to study in. – Buffy Nov 9 at 13:51
  • It seems like a reasonable thing to try. The only way to get a firm answer is to apply. – Anonymous Physicist Nov 10 at 1:52