I graduated from my undergraduate program two years ago with a major in Computer Science. During my undergraduate studies, I did research with a professor, and published under the university's affiliation; (Department of Computer Science, Uni Name).

I am currently working in a company which I will refer to as G. I recently worked on a research idea during my weekends which led to an accepted paper in a conference. I would publish with G as an affiliation, except G has a ridiculous 3 month process to allow an employee to use them as an affiliation in a research paper, while the deadline for modifying personal information in the accepted paper is in a month.

My question is, can I add my undergraduate school as my affiliation? The work was in no way or form sponsored by G or my undergraduate school.



Browse other questions tagged .