So I enrolled at a reputed Research Institute in Taiwan one year ago, just after my Master's. However, the course work and research conducted here was not as I expected it to be. I tackled it well but the professors keep rejecting me after working for almost a month in their labs saying they can't accommodate me.

Since it has been a year and I don't have any lab, they are revoking my stipend. Being an international student I can't afford the living cost here. Now I am applying to another university in the same city.

How do I explain my one year PhD drop out in my applications. I fear I should not lie since it's the same city and the professors might find out sooner or later.

1 Answer 1


You should make a clean breast of the situation. Let the new one be told regarding the non-availability of accommodation in the lab. And hope for the best.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .