I am looking for a database/web-service that allows me to find the top researchers (e.g., by number of citations) in a specific field (e.g., by keywords such as nutrigenomics). I once used it but for some reasons I am not able to retrieve it. I am not looking for the Highly Cited Researchers list from the Web of Science Group.

  • Google Scholar?
    – user760900
    Jul 9 '20 at 5:29
  1. Go to Google Scholar.

  2. Search for label:discipline (such as "label:nutrigenomics"). If the discipline contains more than one word, then use an underscore to separate the words (e.g. "label:international_relations").

  3. Click on "Profiles" in the menu.

  4. The result should be a list of scholars (who have set up Google Scholar profiles) within the selected discipline, sorted by citations. Like here.

  • Thank you but the web service I am talking about consider many more researchers and it is not influenced by the "labels", rather on the topics of the published papers.
    – wrong_path
    Jul 9 '20 at 6:13

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.