I found my article pre uploaded on ResearchGate.

But the fact is, I updated it and republished it in the same journal and it has same DOI.

I want to delete the older version of the article from ResearchGate and upload a new one.

Is there any way to do this or ResearchGate updates it automatically?

  • Contact researchgate. If they know about the problem they may fix it.
    – Louic
    Commented Jun 24, 2020 at 7:23

2 Answers 2


There is no solution to this as of now.

  • I haven't tried it, but it appears you always have the option of adding files. So, uploading the new version should be possible.
    – user9482
    Commented Jul 30, 2020 at 13:08

If you wish to replace the old full text, do this: Select the research item > Click on the downward-facing arrow underneath/beside the item's title ("More V") > Select "Remove" > Select "Remove my public full-text" > Upload the new full text by scrolling down and clicking "Add full-text publicly"


(I haven't tried this yet) Upload the new version to the last version ("More" > "Add file" > "Add a new full text"), then delete the previous version of the text if it still exists.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .