I am now applying for the Ph.D. program in electrical engineering.
Now I have a 3-page (2500 words) SOP that should surely be reduced to 1.5 to 2 pages. Now the structure of my SOP looks like
- Paragraph 1: Why I want to do a Ph.D. (0.2 page)
- Paragraph 2-5: Research experience A (1 page). "A" is the research that lasts the longest time and contributes to publications.
- Paragraph 6: Transition from A to B, C, D, E (0.2 page).
- Paragraph 7-10: Research B, C, D, and E (1 page, each about same length)
- Paragraph 11: Why I want to the University. Which professor I would like to work with (0.2 page).
My issues is that the more important experience ("A") is not directly related to "B", "C", "D", and "E". But for sure they are all in the realm of electrical engineering. Therefore, simply aligning paragraph 7-10 does not seem to be a good idea.
So how do I structure my SOP. Any input is appreciated.