I have recently been offered a PhD scholarship in a funded project in University of Duisburg Essen, and I want to apply for visa for the same. the issue is the lab I want to join does not have any Non-EU student as of now and the lab's administrative staff is asking me for what document is required for my Visa application. I want to know what information should I ask for to be written in the Document. And also what other documents should I prepare.

I tried searching on google and here and could gather the following documents:

  1. Travel health insurance poilcy
  2. Accommodation proof
  3. my Bachelors and Masters academic transcritps
  4. Blocked account??? (since I have a scholarship offer do I really need this)

Thank you in advance for any help.

  • Have you contacted the issuing authority? They will have a precise list. – Solar Mike Dec 5 '19 at 12:09
  • issuing authority would be the embassy in this case? – mananbshah Dec 5 '19 at 12:24
  • Also check out Euraxess. – user108403 Dec 5 '19 at 12:35

Don't trust google for legal advise!!!!

Instead ask the international office of the university you want to attend. Even if the lab has no experience with non-EU students, the university as a whole certainly has. For Duisburg-Essen look here: https://www.uni-due.de/international/index_en.shtml

| improve this answer | |
  • ok I'll write an email to the international office immidiately – mananbshah Dec 5 '19 at 12:26
  • thank you.. they were the most helpful afterall.. :) – mananbshah Dec 9 '19 at 5:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.