I am about to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology (Hons). I plan to further my studies with a Masters in Research. I would like to apply for an Honours year in Medical bioscience or related subject at a different university (perhaps in Australia) to gain enough qualifications to pursue an interdisciplinary Masters Research. Will doing the Honours year give me a second degree? And will I be able to even apply for an Hons year of a different major?

closed as off-topic by Brian Borchers, Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩, user3209815, Jon Custer, Bob Brown Oct 20 at 12:17

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "The answer to this question strongly depends on individual factors such as a certain person’s preferences, a given institution’s regulations, the exact contents of your work or your personal values. Thus only someone familiar can answer this question and it cannot be generalised to apply to others. (See this discussion for more info.)" – Brian Borchers, Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩, user3209815, Jon Custer, Bob Brown
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    I'm thinking it depends on the specific school and degree program. Maybe contact the appropriate people at the university you are considering. – puppetsock Oct 18 at 18:30
  • What is a Honors year? – Thomas Oct 19 at 20:46

In Australia, an Honours is considered a separate degree. Other countries may have no idea what your Honours is.

Usually, once you have an Honours there is no reason to pursue a masters in the same subject. However, I do not have specific knowledge of bio/medicine.

As for your eligibility, you need to check with particular universities about their policies. Probably they will consider your marks (grades).

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.