I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good piece of software for marking digital (PDF) assignments. Specifically, I am marking a first-year mathematics course, and need to do the following for each assignment:
- Open student's PDF assignment
- Make annotations (really, the only two tools I use are red pencil/pen and text comments). I am using a Wacom pen tablet for this.
- Save a copy of the marked assignment in the original directory.
- Repeat x many.
I am currently using Foxit and was using Xodo previously, but neither tool feels quite right for the job. I would favour something that:
- Makes the above process quick and easy
- Interacts nicely with the Wacom tablet (Adobe Reader doesn't, for example)
- Is lightweight and easily usable (really only need pen and text tools, and possibly rotating pages every now and then. Everything else is clutter)
- Has a good workflow so I can mark as efficiently as possible.