I want a software which I can use to draw mechanisms like this picture:

enter image description here

Update: the author told me that : "the figure was made in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator by tracing the hand-drawn kinematic diagrams."

  • where does this image come from? have you asked authors? – aaaaa says reinstate Monica Aug 23 '19 at 20:25
  • this is from paper "Design of Multi-Grip Patterns Prosthetic Hand with Single Actuator" .. i did not ask the author – Abdullah Ahmed Aug 23 '19 at 20:26

This type of request is usually something authors will gladly address. Since this images comes from recent paper (2018), you should write to corresponding authors or journal editor, asking how this image was produced. In fact, providing such information is part of obligation when people publish work, your request will not be unusual at all.

| improve this answer | |
  • I thought it is inappropriate to ask the author about how he drew his pictures. thank yo for your respond I will try to contact with the author. – Abdullah Ahmed Aug 23 '19 at 20:40
  • 1
    @ndpl the idea of publication is to allow people check your work. Tondo that people need to know your methods – aaaaa says reinstate Monica Aug 24 '19 at 0:19
  • @ndpl Do you expect author to refuse OP? – aaaaa says reinstate Monica Aug 24 '19 at 10:47

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.