Should I always refer to it as "the empirical study of/ involved in this thesis"? I found it too lengthy when I need to refer to it frequently in the thesis. Is there another shorter term to refer to it?

  • Many software packages can replace mis-spelt words automatically, so make use of that "teso" is replaced by "the emprirical study of/ involved in this thesis"... – Solar Mike Jul 27 '19 at 15:10
  • I was asking about whether there is another way of referring to it. – Aqqqq Jul 27 '19 at 15:25
  • When you put "too lengthy" I thought is was that you found it too difficult to type... Now you have edited your question to clarify that. – Solar Mike Jul 27 '19 at 15:25

If there is no ambiguity, "The Study" should do after the first instance. You could even say, at the first usage

...the empirical study of this thesis (The Study)...

This would make it a sort of keyword for the remainder of the thesis.

If there might be ambiguity, then The Present Study would probably be enough to clarify.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.