I am a physic student from Jordan, few days ago i got an admission to do my master in physics at university of Rostock, Germany.

Am I able to get a PhD position from other university when I finish my master study, i.e., will other German universities recognize my Master degree from Rostock university?


1 Answer 1


A master's degree from a German Universität (University) or Technische Hochschule (Institute of Technology) is directly recognized by other universities in Germany (and usually by most other universities around the world). The same cannot be said for a Fachhochschule (FH). Rostock is officially a university, so that shouldn't be a major concern.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .