I am currently applying for post-docs and for one of them, I should provide the "category" or degree/educational establishment where I have the choice between:

University degree

My question is: what is the right category of a Master 2 Research (in Europe) ? Is it a University degree or a Postgraduate degree ?

  • I would consider that a postgraduate degree, as it's a degree obtained after you achieved your bachelor's degree. – Jonathan Landrum Oct 10 '13 at 21:31

While I would recommend you to confirm, normally a 'university degree' is an undergraduate degree.

A postgraduate could be a postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, or a postgraduate degree (which is a master degree)

I think you know what a PhD is.

In short, as master is a postgraduate (the middle of your three choices).

It seems a little strange because normally post-docs are post (after) doctorate (PhD).

  • Thanks. In fact, this is not strange because it asks for details on the last degree (PhD) but also previous ones (Master's). – Vincent Oct 11 '13 at 0:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.