The doctorate title "Dr. rer. med" is awarded to non-medical postgraduate researchers from University Hospitals.

Is it equivalent to a PhD, or Dr. Eng. etc.?

Is it recognisable in other countries abroad, besides Germany?

Is it acceptable for both academia positions and private sector?

  • This answer seems to have some of the information you're looking for.
    – Anyon
    Commented Jun 5, 2019 at 15:48


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .