this teacher has done the following in a required, non-elective class:
- forced students to provide personal reflections in their health, including those with trauma for whom that is triggering
- responded critically to said personal reflections, sometimes in mocking tone, sometimes in all caps
- provided contradictory and confusing instructions
- refused to respond to requests for clarification for said instructions
- failed assignments submitted by students who picked the wrong interpretation of said confusing instructions
- failed assignments for picking the wrong subset of a list of ten options when instructions indicated they could pick any of the above options.
- refuses to meet with students to discuss any of the above issues
the students in this class have already sought assistance from their advisors, who directed them to the vice dean, from the vice dean, who revealed their identities and complaints to the abusive professor, and to the dean, who instructed them to contact the disability office about trauma, or to tough it out. The disability office has not returned complainants phone calls.
The affected students have begun building up a paper trail, and are discussing contacting the accrediting institution for the university.
Has anyone experienced anything of this magnitude? Did you contact the accreditors? What did they do? What other recourse do this teacher’s victims have?