This may be the wrong place for this question, but the format here is better. Please advise of a better website if I'm totally off base for this site.
My situation: I hold a Masters of Accountancy and am a licensed CPA. I am lucky in that every job for which I've applied has contacted me for an interview. So here's my dilemma:
My initial second choice brought me in for an interview yesterday and I NAILED it! They actually gave me a standing ovation for my teaching demo, and all but told me I was getting the job (I was told to expect an offer within a couple days). The position is non-tenture track, but the department has a massive overload and so I am not concerned with job security. This is a public university. It's located in a small, rural community with a larger city about an hour away....so I would have to commute.
My initial first choice wants to schedule my campus visit a full 2 weeks from today. It is tenure-track (I am starting a doctoral program in 2020). The pay would be less for this job, but I would teach EVERY class in accounting because the department is small. Also, the overall workload would likely be less in the long-run. This is a small, private university much closer to my current location in a city that fits me a bit better culturally (closer to what I live in now).
I also have two more interviews after that, but I am hoping to cancel those as soon as possible.
So I have three questions: 1) How long does the school with which I interviewed realistically expect me to take before I accept or decline their offer? and 2) Would it be inappropriate to request the second interview be moved up?
3) Finally, if I do request the interview be moved up, how candid should I be about my reasoning? I just don't know if the first school is moving at super light speed or not....there's just so much I don't know.