I will be undergoing surgery due to an accident that happened to me 2 months before the start of the term and I have been. The term has nearly ended and I wont be able to sit for final exams as I will be undergoing surgery based on doctors advice.On top of that this injury has been affecting my studies to a great extent.But if I withdraw from courses right now, I will be excluded from the university.I need help regarding this.

closed as off-topic by Brian Borchers, corey979, Azor Ahai, FuzzyLeapfrog, Massimo Ortolano May 12 at 21:22

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "The answer to this question strongly depends on individual factors such as a certain person’s preferences, a given institution’s regulations, the exact contents of your work or your personal values. Thus only someone familiar can answer this question and it cannot be generalised to apply to others. (See this discussion for more info.)" – Brian Borchers, corey979, Azor Ahai, FuzzyLeapfrog, Massimo Ortolano
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


You have to see the people at the university - we cannot give you a definitive answer as regulations etc vary by location etc

There are most likely student advisors or equivalent, admissions dept, your course head, even the department dean who can all be contacted about your situation.

Make sure you have documentary evidence so they have something to work with - doctor’s letters etc

Best of luck.

  • 3
    I faced a similar situation, when diagnosed with cancer requiring surgery while I was a graduate student. The graduate student advisor knew the right petition to present to the right committee to let me drop from full time to just a couple of course units of research. – Patricia Shanahan May 11 at 8:54

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.