This question already has an answer here:

I am inexperienced in publishing papers in scientific journals. I was going over recently published paper of mine and found that I accidentally reported mean with standard deviation when I meant to report mean with standard error. The correct standard error is shown in a figure in the paper but I am wondering if I should contact the editor to make the correction.

marked as duplicate by user68958, Jon Custer, padawan, cag51, Enthusiastic Engineer Apr 29 at 19:53

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    Hi wanderwall, welcome to Academia.SE! It looks like you've written a good first question, but I think it's a little too similar to the question I asked a few years ago. I hope the answers there can help you! The upshot is, if it substantially changes the meaning of your work, then you should contact the editor(s), otherwise, let it slide :) – NauticalMile Apr 23 at 0:49
  • If no one contacts you, don’t worry & move on. If someone does write to you or the editor then deal with it then. Until then focus on other things. – Solar Mike Apr 23 at 3:22
  • Thank you for your responses. I am a perfectionist and I notice many errors in this paper. The message doesn't change, but I am disappointed for being sloppy. I will learn to be more careful in the future. – wanderwall Apr 23 at 16:24
  • @wanderwall do not overthink. even in highly cited papers, there are little mistakes. it is normal. – optimal control Apr 23 at 18:40