I was a research assistant at a university when I had a master’s degree. Now I got a Ph.D from a different university. I want to apply for a faculty position.

In which of the following CV categories can being a research assistant be considered:

  • Work Experience
  • Training Course
  • Qualifications and Certificates

Needless to say, I have a report letter from the head of department, where I was a research assistant.

  • 1
    Is being a research assistant not a job where you are from? Why would it not be work? Apr 11, 2019 at 16:34

1 Answer 1


I'm going to suggest that among your option, Work Experience is probably best. I doubt that you were given a formal "Certificate" for your work. A letter isn't the same thing. It is probably more easily evaluated as work experience in any case. The letter will stand for itself. Don't embellish it.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .