A summary of my situation :
- I am currently applying to ETH Zurich in their Data Science and Computer Science programs
- I did my first year of undergrad as a Music Major, and my 2nd and 3rd year as a Computer Science Major
- My 3rd year average grade is 18.7 / 20 ( 93% ) ranked 1st
- My 2nd year average grade is 18.04 / 20 ( 90% ) ranked 1st
- The 3rd year school has a better reputation than the 2nd year school.
Because of my music major, I'm missing about half of the ECTS needed in the Computer Science program. I am missing more ECTS than "allowed". I would like to know if I should mention it in my cover letter? I could say something along the lines of " I know I am missing some requirements, but I am willing to catch up on the subjects where I lack knowledge provided I can attend the lectures provided at ETHZ. As you can see I transitioned from a Music Major to a Computer Science without problem despite lacking fundamentals knowledge "
What should I do?