Harbin Institute of Technology (Harbin) vs University of Rovira I virgili (URIV), Spain
1) Salary Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), China with a monthly salary of 3700 USD and University of Rovira I virgili (URIV), Spain with a monthly salary of 2000 USD.
2) Cost of living Harbin, China is cheaper than Tarragona, Spain according to expatistan.com
3) Research topic and fellowships In HIT, the research topic is my own proposal, which is an extension or a new application of my Ph.D. thesis topic. In URIV,the project is by the PI, a different area from my PhD topic. In both the universities, I am selected for prestigious fellowships of the respective countries.
4) What I want to know?
- Pros and Cons of work and research culture in HIT, China vs URIV Spain.
- How a post-doc from China is viewed when compared to that from Spain?
- Which is good for a long term career?