I am currently looking into applying for funding as an undergraduate summer research assistant. At the moment, two professors have agreed to allow me to work with them. Since I can't be sure that the funding application would be accepted, I am considering accepting the offer from both professors and going forward with applying for funding with both professors - is this a good idea? If so, should I let both professors know this? If not, could I try asking the prof's permission to do this, or would it be in my best interest to just decide on my top choice now and just pursue that?
Thanks in advance!