I graduated with math degree. Now I want to conduct research which is a kind of combination of two subjects X and Y. I found another professor (by googling) in different country who is working on Y. My question is that: How can I ask the professor to have a joint work? May you please give me a proper text for my request?

  • You should write this yourself, we don’t even know what Y is... This is not a difficult letter. – Solar Mike Nov 4 '18 at 8:57

Professors are people, too. They are not robots to be sent a formal instruction code. Write an email like you are talking to a human. Introduce yourself, introduce your background, clearly explain your proposal. Don't forget to clearly say what is X and Y and why you think working on their combination is a good idea.

Professors are often very busy but they also value good collaborations and will respond if your idea is clearly explained and is promising.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.