See this question.

  1. Submitting a transcript which indicates an incomplete study (50/120 credits completed) and 5 dropped (not failed) courses.

See this answer.

Honestly, unless there is some compelling reason ("My father died." "I was in the hospital with a broken back.") as to why you have so many dropped and uncompleted courses, there may not be a way you can just brush away your academic record into omission. There is not a great way to spin doctor this.

If I must complete my study, do I must complete it in the same university and country I started my study in?

The university from which I obtained 50 credits, is expensive and the country which this university is situated in, in hard to get a visa. So, I was thinking to resume my study all over again but in a country where it costs less and doesn't have visa issues.

Would I look good as a Ph.D. applicant if abandon one university program and then pass from another program?

  • You should submit your transcript and ask.
    – paparazzo
    Nov 2, 2018 at 13:27
  • @paparazzo, I meant: would I look good as a Ph.D. applicant if abandon one university and pass from another?
    – user100066
    Nov 2, 2018 at 13:42
  • That is not in the stated question.
    – paparazzo
    Nov 2, 2018 at 13:44
  • @paparazzo, the linked previous question, which this question is based on, had this context.
    – user100066
    Nov 2, 2018 at 13:47
  • People transfer between undergraduate institutions all the time (which is how I interpret the question). Mostly a question of what course credits may be accepted at the new institution.
    – Jon Custer
    Nov 2, 2018 at 15:22

1 Answer 1


Normally, yes, but there may be possibilities with a "sister" institution running the same course or similar course with the matching courses / modules where you could then move - of course this has to be accepted by both institutions.

Moving to a completely separate institution will normally mean a new course and the parts you have completed may go towards full or partial credit for the equivalent courses or modules.

This would normally be evaluated on a case by case basis by the Dean / admissions officer or equivalent.

It is also very much dependent of which country or countries you are dealing with...


You must log in to answer this question.