Backstory: a colleague has a YIP with the AF, funded, and has been hired by a new university. The Program Officer is on personal leave (3 months now, no end in sight). He is pushing harder, and hearing non-options like 'don't go to the new post' and 'reapply'. Has anyone seen a DOD YIP move successfully? If so, how?

closed as off-topic by Richard Erickson, corey979, Morgan Rodgers, Vladhagen, Bryan Krause Sep 21 '18 at 17:11

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "The answer to this question strongly depends on individual factors such as a certain person’s preferences, a given institution’s regulations, the exact contents of your work or your personal values. Thus only someone familiar can answer this question and it cannot be generalised to apply to others. (See this discussion for more info.)" – Richard Erickson, corey979, Morgan Rodgers, Vladhagen, Bryan Krause
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Is there another program office he could contact? – Richard Erickson Sep 21 '18 at 14:36

The answer to your colleague's question is specific to his funding award, his program officer, and his specific situation. Only his program office or someone else from DoD could answer his this question. That being said, a quick Google search found another funding request that describes general DOD grant policies:

Transfer of Award to New Organization: Unless restricted by the specific Program Announcement, a change in organizational affiliation will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the USAMRAA Grants Officer. If approved, the PI’s original organization will be required to agree to relinquish the award. The new organization will be required to resubmit the entire application on behalf of the PI, including regulatory documentation. Extended times for transfer may put the award funding at risk. A transfer will not, unless under extraordinary circumstances, be allowed for any organization that includes a study site/clinical trial at its location.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.