How can I check whether a person who puts DSc after their name is in fact entitled to do so?

Is it possible to find out where this person was allegedly confirmed as a DSc?

  • 1
    Are you HR? Are you interviewing them? – Solar Mike Sep 9 '18 at 18:11
  • 2
    You could ask them about where they got the degree and then called the university that purportedly awarded them the degree and ask. – Stella Biderman Sep 9 '18 at 18:14
  • Ask for their diploma. – user68958 Sep 9 '18 at 18:28
  • It's hard to answer this about more details, like your reason for checking this, or what information you already have. However, what you want to do is often called degree verification, and there are a few questions on the same theme on this site, such as How do employers verify that job applicants have the degree(s) they claim?. – Anyon Sep 9 '18 at 18:29
  • 1
    Ask some intelligent questions about the subjects they say to have worked on. – Louic Sep 9 '18 at 20:43

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.