Sounds like a simple question, but despite a few hours of searching, I couldn't find the answer.

I would also like to know what qualification was required beforehand in order to work in that profession?

  • Experience probably - grew out of the general field as the need became apparent
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Sep 1, 2018 at 11:28
  • 1
    I would suspect that a government ministry of education would have such an answer. I wouldn't know the precise name of the ministry, however.
    – Buffy
    Commented Sep 1, 2018 at 12:45

1 Answer 1


The government board wasn't really helpful, but I found the answer:

For a few years there had been a combined Physiotherapy/ Occupational Therapy Degree course at The University of Queensland. In 1955 the Occupational Therapy three year Diploma course was introduced.

Source: http://www.occupationaltherapyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD12%2f8399&dbid=AP&chksum=SfMd1xjsN%2f1k47blbbm7MA%3d%3d

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .