I'm considering applying for grad school (psychology). However, I've been in industry for two years. Also, I never connected with my professors... Here are some of my options for letters of recommendation/reference, none of them are very good, but please help me pick the two best (or think of other possibilities). In case it's important, I studied computer science, minored in philosophy, graduated 2 years ago, and now I work as a software engineer.
- Manager. Only worked with him 6 months. He doesn't have a lot of visibility into the work I've done.
- Coworker. Only worked with him 6 months. He has quite a bit of visibility into the work I've done.
- Former Teaching Assistant from Philosophy class. Talked with him quite a bit and he marked all my essays across three different classes, so he should remember me.
- Former Philosophy Professor. Just one semester, but I went to a handful of his office hours, and his was one of the last classes I took, so he might remember me.
- Former Psychology Professor. I don't remember this course, and she wouldn't remember me (never went to office hours)