I have a master's degree and I would like to study for a doctorate in Austrian universities and among the questions that are in the application is "Where do you want to carry out your project ? (library, archive, institute)".

How can I answer this question?

  • What field are you studying? – Buffy Aug 19 '18 at 13:34
  • 1
    Which university? Which field? Afaik every university here has some kind of students' representative council for PhD students, you should talk to them. – user64845 Aug 19 '18 at 14:00
  • You should answer the question accurately. – Dawn Aug 19 '18 at 14:15
  • in filed pharmacology and toxicology and i have proposal in (antibiotic Resistance) – Ahmed Al- hujmee Aug 19 '18 at 19:53

Maybe they just mean: "At which institute (or lab, if applicable) do you plan to implement the project?" And the answer could be "Institute of ... at the University of Vienna" or whatever?

| improve this answer | |

I guess I'm as puzzled about the question as you are. In some fields it might make sense, but doesn't seem to for yours. Perhaps it is just a general question asked of everyone.

I think you need to get guidance on the question from the individual university. Pharmacology research would seem to be most likely carried out in an institute, but perhaps they have a specific meaning.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.