Are European students (Italian more specifically) entitled for getting the financial support BAföG to pursue an MSc Degree in a German University?

  • 3
    I don't have time to write a full answer, but the answer is yes, under certain conditions, which are laid down in BAföG par. 8: if you've lived legally in Germany for five years, if your spouse or parent(s) are working Work in Germany, or if you've worked in Germany for at least six months. See bafoeg-rechner.de/FAQ/bafoeg-fuer-auslaenderinnen.php Commented Jul 24, 2018 at 13:58

1 Answer 1


EU citizens can get Bafög but you have to fulfill some requirements that link you to Germany, for example:

  • have been living in Germany for over 5 years
  • your parents or spouse is working in Germany
  • you have been working in Germany before

You can find the full list here: In german though

If this is not applicable for you, you can try the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Program) which has an extensive selection of scholarships for students coming from or to Germany.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .