I am registering to submit an article and I am asked to give my current degree, the problem is that I don't have a bachelor degree yet. So, what is the usual term and acronym to use for the current degree if you are still a degree student?

  • 1
    Leave blank, if possible. Otherwise write something like n/a.
    – Thomas
    Commented Jul 26, 2013 at 9:19

1 Answer 1


In the US system, I would advise to leave it blank. But in some European education systems (and in particular with the impetus of the Bologna process), the high-school diploma is considered a formal degree. In France, it is called baccalauréat, in the UK it's the A levels, in Spain (you seem to be Spanish) it's the bachillerato.

So, if you are in a European system, I would advise you to write bachillerato/*baccalauréat*/A-levels, otherwise leave blank.

  • 1
    In Finland: ylioppilas/student/graduate, depending on which language you want to write it in.
    – Tommi
    Commented Jan 19, 2021 at 11:18

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .