I am registering to submit am article and I am asked to give my current degree, the problem is that I don't have a bachelor degree yet. So, what is the usual term and acronym to use for the current degree if you are still a degree student?

  • Leave blank, if possible. Otherwise write something like n/a. – Thomas Jul 26 '13 at 9:19

In the US system, I would advise to leave it blank. But in some European education systems (and in particular with the impetus of the Bologna process), the high-school diploma is considered a formal degree. In France, it is called baccalauréat, in the UK it's the A levels, in Spain (you seem to be Spanish) it's the bachillerato.

So, if you are in a European system, I would advise you to write bachillerato/*baccalauréat*/A-levels, otherwise leave blank.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.