This question already has an answer here:
- Stack Overflow reputation in CV 6 answers
It is going to be my last year in school, and I am thinking about studies abroad - I would love to study computer science. Lately, I started participating more in Stackoverflow, answering to PHP, MySQL, and HTML questions. If I manage to answer to a decent amount of questions(now I have 26, I am thinking about ~75-100) would it be worth mentioning in my personal statement (not the number, but that I am participating in the community, providing university with my nickname used here). I have other experiences that I am planning to write there:
- I have taught people online of how to use microcomputers
- I have taught people of HTML basics
- I am writing my extended essay on computer science (I am attending IB diploma program)
- I am currently working on quite a big project for my school using not spaghetti code, but a normal MVC architecture and OOP (at least, I am trying)
Is participating in Stackoverflow community worth mentioning among these (or maybe it is even stronger than what I mentioned?), or not?