I have been offered a tenure-track position in Sweden starting this September. I am very excited. Due to both cultural and working system differences, many things are unclear to me. I do not want to ask them to reveal my over-excitement. Besides, some of my ideas as you can see below might be silly and premature.
Can you narrate a typical appointment procedure?
For example, I have these silly questions:
- Is there any formal inauguration? Do I need academic gown?
- Do I need to deliver a lecture about my previous works?
- What documents should I give to the administration? Should I give my awards and other certificates of merit?
- Should I teach a course right in September?
- Will I immediately given a space to set up my lab?
- When can I get graduate students to start research?
Sorry for the silly questions but you have no idea about the combination of over-excitement and chaos in my head right now.