The circumstance :
- I finished a master program (in engineering) in Germany a while ago with quite good grades (score of 1.**).
- Immediately after the defense, the professor asked me the plan afterwards, and offered a Phd scholarship (1100 euro per month), not employee-contract.
- I reacted positively.
- However, I found several interesting PhD positions that give more support financially.
- So, I want to ask the professor if he can write reference letters for me to apply to other labs.
- But I am worried about getting rejected from the other labs, and also losing my chance for a position with my current supervisor.
So, if I ask for the reference letters to apply to other labs, is the opportunity (of 1100 euro/month) gone automatically? Would this be rude?