Can we call someone a junior researcher if he or she has obtained their Ph.D recently and also has research stay abroad?


I would classify a "junior" researcher as pretty much anyone who does not yet have a permanent position. (The question of whether a tenure-track faculty member is a "junior" researcher might be open, but anything "below" that is not, at least in my mind.)

So yes, someone who has had a research stay abroad and has recently received a PhD is still very much a "junior" researcher.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.