I was wondering if anyone here may have had any success with getting title / author's details corrected on Google Scholar?

I have recently published an article and my surname was incorrectly parsed by Google Scholar. As you can see from my username my surname is hyphenated and Google parsed either first or the second part of it as a surname but never both.

I have tried contacting Google Scholar and could not get any human response from them.

Has anyone found/ heard of any way of fixing these bibliographic errors in Google?

  • 2
    By personal experience, Google Scholar ignores any comment you may make in on any mistake they made. On of my references is from the famous paper "This content has been downloaded from IOPscience. Please scroll down to see the full text.". Basically until Google decides to improve their algorithms, we need to live with their mistakes, unfortunately. This is the reason too that you need to double check any bibliographic reference obtained via Google – Ander Biguri Mar 20 '18 at 12:11
  • This is something you have to take up with Google Scholar, we do not operate or edit what they do.... – Solar Mike Mar 20 '18 at 13:09
  • 1
    @AnderBiguri - that paper sounds like it would make a great Broadway musical... – Jon Custer Mar 20 '18 at 14:42
  • @SolarMike I have contacted Google Scholar on the 11th of March. I'm still waiting for the response but I thought someone on Stack Exchange may have a solution. – Danuta M. Lisiecka-Ford Mar 20 '18 at 15:22
  • 1
    @AnderBiguri Feel your pain. Actually I found 41 different records with "your" title on Google Scholar. All from iopscience.iop.org . I think it would be good if GS had a feedback form. – Danuta M. Lisiecka-Ford Mar 20 '18 at 15:26