Imaging that I am a student from College A and cross-registered in Institute B. I am a college kid so I receive very little care from the professors from my own school, and I do not have an official supervisor. Most of the works are done in the library and computer lab of B, and I discussed my ideas very often with professors in B. However, I do not have department affiliation with B. My formal status in B is something like "exch. stud." I guess it means exchange student.

What should I list as my academic affiliations in scientific publishing?

  • 3
    You can use both. When we have exchange students publishing stuff, they list both places.
    – Gimelist
    Feb 11, 2018 at 7:29

1 Answer 1


I would expect you to list both affiliations. This is very common at all levels of research.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .