On my book there is the following reference:

Buckles, R. G., 1966, Analysis of gas exchange in a membrane oxygenator, Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge

I tried to find it online:


http://library.mit.edu/F/XQ39BH41Q8C9V3XHXK5XA7EMFR5V5R9QDNSCKDFTNN4JNSS2SF-02835?func=find-b&find_code=WRD&request=Analysis+of+gas+exchange+in+a+membrane+oxygenator )

but without success. Can you show me where I can find it please?

Thank you so much for your time.

  • Most theses, published, are in the controlling or major library for that country - have you tried an inter-library loan request? It may not be online or are you hoping someone else has scanned it to save you the effort... – Solar Mike Dec 30 '17 at 16:54
  • 2
    Have you tried asking your librarian? – astronat Dec 30 '17 at 16:54
  • Hello @astronat, the library of my faculty does not have it. – Gennaro Arguzzi Dec 30 '17 at 16:56
  • @SolarMike now I looking for the email of the MIT's library. – Gennaro Arguzzi Dec 30 '17 at 16:57
  • 4
    You might find what you need in the journal version. – JeffE Dec 30 '17 at 17:27

You're going to want to ask your institution's library to submit an interlibrary loan request to MIT to access the thesis. MIT will prefer that you go through that channel - it has to do with ILL request statistics. I'm an academic librarian and have worked in interlibrary loan in the past - trust me, this is your best bet, especially since there's a good chance there isn't a widely available digital copy (as is the case with most theses, dissertations, papers, articles, etc published prior to the mid-90s).

  • If an item is listed as noncirculating, can it still be requested (and approved) for a interlibrary loan? – mkennedy Dec 31 '17 at 1:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.