I am taking an online accredited course at Illinois and I need to have someone in South America proctor a test (preferably Bolivia, Argentina, or Chile).

Anyone have any suggestions for how to accomplish this? I've looked on many websites (including universities and libraries) and struggling to find a resource. Maybe it's more informal? This test will need to be a physical test.

My course specifically puts these requirements for a proctor. There may be wiggle room with some communication.

  • Principal or Superintendent of Educational Service Region, School, or District

  • Dean, Academic Department Head, Extension or Correspondence Administrator, Registrar, or Official Testing Service of an Accredited University or College

  • Education Officer (Armed Services Personnel Only)

  • Full-Time High School or College Instructor

  • Librarian at your local community library

Specific details on proctor information is here.

  • I don't understand why you need someone proctoring a test when you're the one taking the course. Could you please clarify? – Massimo Ortolano Dec 16 '17 at 4:12
  • 2
    @MassimoOrtolano Please see Illinois Online program web page: It is your responsibility to arrange for an approved proctor to supervise any off-campus examinations – scaaahu Dec 16 '17 at 5:11
  • 2
    @scaaahu Thanks! But what a dubious practice! Apart from the fact that one pays and has also to organize their exams, such a practice certainly leaves a lot of room for organizing cheating at a local level with proctor's consesus. – Massimo Ortolano Dec 16 '17 at 8:07
  • 1
    Can you please edit your question to quote or summarise the course‚Äôs criteria for a proctor? Otherwise your question is not really answerable. – Wrzlprmft Dec 16 '17 at 9:36
  • 1
    In case of an embassy: I've never used this service myself, but I did see that certain countries offered this service in their embassies or even consulates. – Leon Meier Dec 17 '17 at 1:16